Monday, June 30, 2008

All is Well!!!!!

Ayden did great today!I didn't get to go into the OR with him this time because of him having the broncospasims the last time,they didn't want to put him under with the Gas,without an IV in,So they gave him some Versed & once it kicked in he had a huge smile on his face & was starring off into space & laughing!He let me hand him right over to the nurse,usually hes kicking & screaming,so this made it much easier for all of us.His airway is PERFECT!!!Theres a bit of tracheal collapse still ,due to an artery from his heart compressing the trachea,but its not causing him any issues & it should go away with time & growth,even for him.His airway was reconstructed to a size of 4.5 & a month ago went down to a 4.0 & now its back to a 4.5...This is great!& everyone is impressed with the quality of his voice,some kids end up with soft whispery voices & Aydens is loud & clear,not bad for someone who once had a cleft palate & trach for 4 yrs!!His hearing has returned also!,his ears were full of fluid,so they drained them & put tubes in& even more good news,we don't have to come back until October,whooo!!!!!Were driving back in the morning & Ayden cant wait,he says "momma,I miss Ava",So well see you all soon!O,one more thing ,I got a script to get rid of ALL TRACH RELATED EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!What will I do with all the extra space....Hmmmmm..........................Love,Angie

1 comment:

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

Hey all,

All I can say is......

What a true miracle Ayden is!!!
He is soooo strong, I knew in my heart he would fly through this!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
J & Ang, you are also an inspiration!!

Love TT