Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our first week home

Well it has been a crazy week!Ayden got his first boogery cold...never a dull moment,I cant wait until I can say my life is boring!The first two days were tough he has never had to deal with a stuffy nose before & coughing phlegm into his mouth,& when he first got boogers J & I were so excited!sounds crazy but when you have a trach everything gets suctioned out,so no boogers!Well,he did have a lot of anxiety & still does a bit butt I think hes figured out what to do to clear his chest now,so hes been better,it is still a battle to get him to do his nebulizer treatments,hes never had to do them with a face mask before,we even got a dragon faced one on Ebay & still no luck,just a lot of stress for a little boy to deal with.He handed me an old HME(trach filter)he found on the floor & I told him to throw it out along with some suction catheters & he was very excited to do so & I must say it felt good!Its weird not needing to suction him anymore & the best part is being able to give him a bath & not need Jay here to help me change his trach ties after!Giving your child a bath is something every mother can do alone,but never me....until now,it feels so great!We go back to Cincinnati in 3 weeks for another scope to see how the graft is healing,I cant believe its already behind us,it was by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life & looking back is still emotionally exhausting,but seeing my smiling little boy makes it all worth it.....Life suddenly makes sense.........Love,Angie

4 comments:

teri said...

thanks for the update I'm glad your home safe and i know everyone is or was a little sick but some pics please!

take care

love

aunt teri

Ayden said...

Glad you are making it through the cold!! I dread the day we have to switch to nebs!!! :(
take care -
Dawn

Uncle Mike said...

It sure is great to see you are home & everything will start to get back to normal. We love you guys very much & can't wait to get up there to see ya'll. Have a great day & please give Ayden & Ava a BIG kiss and hug from us.

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

Hey guys,

I love that you are home and I get to come over anytime to play with Ayden and Ava. He truly is amazing and incredible. What a relief no more "extras" when you need to go out. Just some extra clothes, food and a nebulizer. I knew that this day would come. I am not only do proud of Ayden, but so extremely proud of you both, Angie and J. You too deserve credit for strength.

I Love You all !!!

TT