Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ayden update

Well,last night we got kicked out of the ICU!!!!!They had a rush of kids coming up,so we got to leave early!ICU felt he was ready,but ENT wasn't so sure.This morning ENT came by to talk to us & said they never expected him to do this good,because of him still having the tracheomalacia & they are very happy & surprised! When they pulled the ET tube Friday they prepared us for the worst,they had all the drugs they needed right next to him to sedate & paralyze him if they needed to reintubate.I prepared myself to watch my son turn shades of purple,blue & gray & instead he was beautiful shades of red,white & pink! I was holding my breath the entire time & as soon as he was pink & huge sigh of relief came over me.......My miracle!!!..................................Yesterday for the first time ever he was blowing bubbles & party blowers,hes so proud of himself that he can finally do this,he tried so hard with his trach but could never get enough air out of his mouth.When Ayden fell asleep last night Jay & I kept hearing little noises & every time we looked at him he was sound asleep,then we realized these are noises he makes in his sleep!,just like our Ava,It brought tears to our eyes........Finally!!!,......Love,Angie

No comments: