Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Vocal cord testing

Aydens next test to pass, is to make shure his vocal cords are moving properly & that hes protecting his airway when he eats & drinks.They will put a camera down his nose & into his mouth to look from above to see that when he breathes his vocal cords are moving normally.If they are not it would block off his airway without the trach in.They will also feed him something & have him drink & see where it goes,hopefully all down his esophagus,nothing into his airway.He absolutely hates when they put things in his nose,so hes probably going to freak,but one year ago he did it with out crying,so hopefully it will be the same outcome. Today he was watching Ava on the couch for me for a second & he told her "be careful,so you don't fall off & bump your head & we have too call an ambulance & then you get a present".It was so funny!,I couldnt believie he said that,I guess he asociates ambulances with presents! He had a great time at his party,he asked me today what my favorite part was & he said his was"opening my present & I was so excited seeing what it is",huge cheese smile!!! My precious little munchkin! .Love,Angie

3 comments:

teri said...

good morning guys,
just want everyone to know that i am thinking of you all constantly and pray all goes well. tracy hsa kept me updated, glad to hear you had time to do the park and the party. give ayden and ava a big hug and kiss for me and give you guys one from me too. i miss everyone.
love and kisses to all
aunt teri

oppie12036 said...

Hey YA'LL it's Jess! Just catching up on the blog. I just wanted to say I will be thinking and praying about you tomorrow and everyday! Give Ayden and Ava all my love and kisses I miss you guys and will see you in August. Good Luck I love you!

Lynda said...

Hi, It's Lynda,Bobby & Tori and we are all praying that Ayden's surgery was very successful!! We hope you guys are all doing well and keeping up the spirits. Angie - an extra special HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to you since you are the most awesome mommy ever!!!! We can't wait to see you guys next month.
Love & Hugs