Monday, May 5, 2008

The surgery..........

Well,were leaving tonight for cincinnati & the LTP is on friday.Ayden is very excitied because were going to have an Ayden party!,kinda like a birthday party with a transformers theme,anyone that knows him knows hes just the kid to have a birthday party twice!!!!!!! He didnt pick out a lot of his toys to bring this time around because he said hes getting more at his Ayden party!My mother & grandma & papa are comming with us,not only to support us but also they need to be with Ayden & he needs them.Ava is also comming because Ayden missed her so much last time & I dont want him missing her right before surgery,as well as Jay & myself.I know that once we leave him in the O R her smiling face will be just what we need to get through it. THE SURGERY:For those that do not know what the surgery is,I will try to explain a bit.The area of his trachea,just above & below where the trach is,is very floppy & if you take the trach out it collapses & he cant breath,so they are going to take cartalidge from his ribs & graft it into his trachea.He will be on a vent after & completely sedated for 7 to 10 days.After that he will go back into the O R & if his body is accepting the "new airway" they will take him off the vent & see if he can breath on his own.If he can ,he will stay in the ICU for only a few more days & then go to the airway floor for about two weeks & each week he will go back into the O R a total of 3 or 4 times before he can go home..........................This is what the "book" says should happen,but every child writes thier own book. I will update throughout the surgery & thank you to everyone who helped get us here.Keep all the prayers & well wishes coming,we need them & we will miss all of you!!!!!!!!!!! & cousin Evan Ayden cant wait to play with you!!!!!! Love ,Angie

8 comments:

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

Hey guys, have a safe trip and I will talk to you all very soon. And Ayden.... You have FUN at you Ayden party, TT wishes she and Uncle Scott could be there with you, I will see you Saturday I LOVE YOU BUDDY!!!

PJREB99 said...

HI GUYS,
GRANDPA PETE HERE, HOPE YOU ALL MADE IT SAFELY, GIMME A CALL DONNA.
I WISH I COULD BE AT THE PARTY BUT I HAVE TO WORK. I,LL BE THERE IN SPIRIT. GIVE AYDEN A HUG FROM GRANDPA. GOOD LUCK ,LOVE GRANDPA PETE!!

Hirner Family said...

Hello guys !!!
We just wanted to say hello and we love you all and wish you the best of luck. We know everything will go well because Ayden your such a tough guy. Evan said he misses you sooooo much and wants to play with you real soon. He talks about you all the time.

Love,
Aunt Lisa, Uncle Jon, Lexi and Evan

Aunt Amy said...

Hi everyone!

Hope you had a safe trip.. We can't wait to come down and visit you at the end of May! Little Ayden has so many things to look forward to and experience after his surgery!!! Angie and Jay, stay strong through all of this and just think of the smile on Ayden's face when he can see the beach for the first time!! WE love you guys! Love, Aunt Amy, Uncle Chris and Ariana.

cindy said...

Hi Angie and Jay,
Thinking of you guys and wishing you the best. Your mom gave me the "blog info" before she left. I enjoyed the last visit we all had and I was a part of. I had a good time with Ayden. I can't wait to see the video that we starred in together. Tell Ayden that Cindy says, "BOY POWER"!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll get uncle Pete to send a message. Take care and your in my thoughts........

ginaandbrett said...

heyy we miss you guys already!! im happy we got to see you before you left.. the surgery is gunna go just fine think of everything ayden has been through and he has made it through each and every time! and this time i expect no less..lots of people have you guys in their minds so this time i actually expect more!
we love you guys!!
ps. i cant remember my password so i have to make a new account to post this..haha

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

Hey Ayden

I heard that your AYDEN PARTY was sooo fun, :( I wish that I was there. I also heard that you went to the park today and you were climbing.(TT would have had a heart attack) I miss you all and I cant wait to see you on Saturday.
Love TT XOXOXOXOX

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

Hi Ayden

Its Gracie,

Are you having fun in Cincinnati???
Have you seen cool things there???
I miss you lots, I cant wait til you come back. I will pray for you to have an easy surgery and for you to get better quick!!!

Love Grace (your girlfriend)