Sunday, May 11, 2008

My real live superhero!

Happy Mothers Day!Ayden has shocked me yet again with his super strength!It amazes me how one little boy is stronger than almost everyone I have ever known.He and all of his trach friends from the tracheotomy.com boards have been an inspiration to me,the toughest kids I have ever known.I got my Mothers Day wish.......Ayden being able to be awake with just some hard core pain meds,I couldn't imagine not being able to look in his eyes for 10 days,His now trach-free friends Parker & Collin who had this surgery a few weeks ago prepared Ayden for this surgery.There moms posted post -op pictures of there boys & because of that I was able to show Ayden the tubes in there nose,the arm restraints,the IVs,& all the wires & I explained why he needed all that stuff too.So when the docs asked me if Ayden would freak out if he woke up,I told them how I had explained everything to him & that as long as his pain was managed I knew he could do it.Thank you Parker , Collin & Ayden for giving me my wish!..................................................Ayden had a good night his fever is holding at 100,so this is a very good sign that its probably just a post-op fever.He only had one scary episode of desatting when he was suctioned past his E-T tube, after that I had them make a sign so it wouldn't happen again!When people see Ayden they have no idea how smart he is,to them hes a baby,but now they know he can be told too cough,so they don't need to stimulate it with deep suctioning.He has had the same RT since Friday & he really likes her,so he doesn't mind when she suctions him........................................................My Mom & Aydens Grandma,Papa,Aunt TT & uncle Scott are here & have been a huge help!Ava is also here thanks to all of them......We love you all!!!!....Love,Angie

13 comments:

AydenAva said...

Good Morning Guys,

Hey Buddy, I am so glad that you had another good night. Man are you tough. How amazing you are that you only need pain meds 2 days after surgery. But that's because of your superhero strength. Mommy and Daddy are right you are tough as nails. I love you soooo much, and again I am so happy I could chill with ya.

ANGIE...Happy Mother's Day!!!

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

HEY BUDDY that last meesage is from TT I forgot to sign in under my own name DUH TT

I love you Ayden!!!

teri said...

i am so glad ayden had a good night and i pray that he continues to do well

love you

aunt teri

ginaandbrett said...

Happy mothers day!!

diane and bob said...

Angie, a very Happy Mothers Day to you and to all the mom's that are there with you.
Ayden, we are so happy to see that you are doing so well. keep up the fight.

Love,
Diane and Bob

Aunt Amy said...

Happy Mother's Day Angie! Ayden is such a smart, tough little guy and I truly think that he knows it's Mother's Day and this is his present to you!

JoAnn said...

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayed today and everyday, esepecially on this blessed Mother's Day.

Love,
Joann Ron Gina Gary Linea and the kids

oppie12036 said...

Happy Mother's Day Ang! What a great mother's day present to have Ayden awake. You can't ask for anything better than that. I am so happy things look to be doing so well. I wish I was able to be there with you guys please kjnow I am supporting you and thinking of you from here.

Love you much - Jessie

UncleJonNLuLu's said...

What's up dude, just Lexi and uncle Jon here letting you know we all love ya so much and are thrilled that you are doing great. We already know how tough you are and that you'll be better in no time. Just keep hangin in there Jay and Ang and know your always in our prayers. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all and can't wait to see ya in a few week Ayden
Luv Ya,

Uncle Jon N Lexi

Kate said...

Hey Angie, only on pain meds now? Wow, that's some boy you have. I too would want to see his eyes - to have some window into how he was feeling. Our wee men look so babyish and helpless when they're sleeping, but their intelligence and age shines through their eyes and faces when they're awake.

It's hard to see them as babies again - especially when they had the babyhood that they did. I soooooo don't want to re-live any of that, and I bet you feel the same!

I hope Ayden starts to flourish how as his body heals and starts to adjust to its new breathing mechanism. Scary, but exciting. {{{Angie}}}

Love,

Kate

barb0428 said...

hey everyone i am so happy every thing is going great i hope all of you can hold up through all of this happy mothers day
love barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
Give Ayden a smooch on the cheek for me when you can.
.......cindy

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Angie! It literally brings me to tears to read that Ayden got to be awake and really with you on this day. A perfect gift from a perfect little boy! -Suzanne