Sunday, May 11, 2008

Staying Strong

Today hes been annoyed with the vent,so they turned the rate off & hes now initiating all of his own breaths,the vent is just giving him a bigger deeper breath.He is much more comfortable now.He is only on a fentanol drip & his fever has been down all day,he hasn't had morphine in about 10 hours now & tylenol in about 5 hrs,this is excellent!He has been much more aware today,hes able to shake his head yes or no for things & for if he has a Boo,Boo or needs a suction,or if he wants his glasses on or not.He had a couple episodes of DeSatting only into the 70s-80s range because he had a mucus plug,so they gave some saline & bagged him a bit & he went right back to sleep.Everyone is amazed at how well hes doing,my precious little peanut!.........My Mom,Ava,Tracy & Scott went home today & on there drive back they stopped for a bite to eat & when they got back into the car they heard on the radio a tornado had touched down in the town they would have been driving through,Ahhhhhhh!They are now home safe.....Jay & I went back to the hotel for a bit today & his parents stayed with Ayden they listened to his music & read some books.I felt like I was ready to collapse,with having Ava here I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible before she left,so needless to say I was tired!!,We both were,Thank God for Grandparents! .............Love,Angie

3 comments:

oppie12036 said...

Good Mornign All!
Ayden looks great I can't believe strong lil man that he is. Give him a hug and a kiss and tell I said hi and don't forget to point at your tongue LOL!
It's great to see he is not all doped up that's just amazing I can't believe what progress he has made in only a few short days.

Love Ya - Jess

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
So glad things are going well.I sounds amazing on how much progress that he is making. I loved the posted picture with your mom and ayden.I cried into my keyboard on that one. He looks great in that picture!
It is awesome to see a family pull love and hope together and make it work. Good teamwork all!
In my own personal life and work field that is far and few between. You are all blessed to have one another.
you all have a good day and get some rest. you all have to be exhausted!------------Cindy

Jones Family said...

good afternoon,
we are pleased that ayden is doing so well. it's great that we have a super hero in the family. stay strong pal.. love you all, darlene & aunt peggy

ps- Tom & jerry are my favorite also.. they Rock.