Thursday, May 15, 2008

Midnight update

Today was an extremely emotional day for all of us,of course daddy & papa were a bit stronger than mommy & grandma....But we needed them to be.I did get some sleep ,so I will be usefull to my son tomorrow.Processing all of today's events were....I'm not shure I can think of a word other than really,really hard.After Ayden was settled back in his room today ,Anesthesia came to talk to us about what happened in the OR.During the scope he had a broncospasim & desatted down to 10,which for those of you that do not know what that means is his airway clamped down & the oxygen level in his body should be 100,but dipped to 10,he did however come right back up once they used a different anesthetic.The word broncospasim just sends chills down my spine & I never want to hear it again.When Ayden was a baby for the first 1 1/2 yrs he turned blue & we had to bag him just about every other day because of his broncomalacia,when that cleared up broncospasims only happend when he was sick,but never so bad where we had to bag him in almost 2yrs now.Then after hearing that his ET tube wasnt in secure so they had to sedate & paralyze him & he ended up paralyzed before anesthetic took place,so it looked like he was sleeping,but he wasn't yet.I must say I lost it at that point & Daddy was a rockstar for Ayden,I had to leave him,so Jay had to bottle up what ever he was feeling to be there for Ayden,& grandma & papa were there to help me keep my sanity.Its now 1:00 am & Ayden is doing good,after all this hes in better shape than me.......He is so incredibly strong,please pray his day tomorrow is an easy one & he really is OK.....Love,Angie

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Hi Guys,
Its 4:30am and I woke up out of my sleep thinking about Ayden so I jumped online to read your updates. God is with all of you and will keep Ayden safe & strong. It is amazing how much love can heal all wounds and Ayden knows how much you love him!!!!
We love you, Lynda, Rob & Tori

Anonymous said...

Thinking of each of you today. This is a big day and each of you will have your own battles. Stay strong for Ayden, he needs you today more than ever. Love, Suzanne

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

Hi everybody....

Today is a big day and I wish I could be there for you guys. I will be thinking and praying for you all day. Ayden is a fighter and tough as nails.

I love you all !!

TT

diane and bob said...

Angie & Jay,
I truly believe Ayden has given you some of his super powers. You are the strongest of any people I know. You have another big day ahead of you, but know that we're all praying for you.
Love,
Diane & Bob

oppie12036 said...

Good Morning!

Hope all is going great! The fighter in Ayden pulls through everytime!

Praying for you guys and sending all my love!
Jess

Uncle Mike said...

Hello superhero, show them all that you are very strong. You are showing us all how great the Power of Love , Strength & God is. I love you all very much.