Monday, May 12, 2008

An Exception to the rules!!!!!

So its 1:30 am & I cant sleep & I was just talking to Aydens night nurse & she has been here for 12 yrs & said she has taken care of hundreds of LTP patients & Ayden is "an exception to all the rules".She" said 9 out of 10,no wait...9.7,of all LTP patients need to be on 4 or 5 drips of pain meds,anesthetics & paralytic drugs & throughout one 12 hr shift they are constantly in the rooms upping the level of sedation & holding the kids down,until they figure out the daily cocktail of meds they need",Shes said shes never seen an LTP kid be awake & aware before,not to mention watching TV,& shaking his head yes or no to all questions asked!Ayden is only on a extremely low dose of fentanol & he hasn't needed an anxiety drug or morphine in about a day now.I mean I knew he was doing extremely well I just didn't realize how much sedation other kids were on.I know its partly because we prepared him on what to expect & he saw pics of Parker & Collin as I had mentioned before,but I never knew he would do this well......I'm so proud of him & I fully plan on spoiling him as soon as he gets to a toy store!So its not going to be my kid throwing a tantrum in the toy store anytime soon! Thank you everyone for sticking it out with us .I cant wait to get that tube out,I know its hard for him to stay this strong & he is in pain & scared,but hes got such a strong will its pulling him through the days!............Love,Angie

9 comments:

Uncle Mike said...

Good morning Ayden & all. Uncle Mike is very proud of you. You keep showing your nurses & Doctors how strong & special you are. Have a nice day and we love you very much.

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

Wow!!!!

I know deep in my heart that you Ayden are an extremely tough guy. But hearing this just confirms it all. I really am sooo proud of you. You keep showing all those Dr's and nurses you strength and will to get better, because the FBI has special missions for you and me.

Love you sooo much!!!

Aunt TT

oppie12036 said...

Hi Guys! It's so amazing ... through all these surgeries this little boy keeps pulling through like a champ. He is going to be something huge when he gets older he is going to make a change somewhere from his strong will to his smarts a real live super hero! I am so happy!!! That picture of Ava smiling .... wow if that is not a clone of you Angie. And Ayden of Jay. You must be the most proudest parents in the world. (Besides mine of of course LOL) Love you!

teri said...

catz fam,

ayden you are such an amazing kid,
you are one speacial boy (super hero) keep surprising the doctors and nurses. and to jay angie rick and liz hugs and kisses to you

miss you guys love teri

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie, Jay, and Ayden,
Your dad is having a hard time leaving you messages. He wrote this poem forAyden the day before surgery.He showed it to me then and tried leaving it with no success getting it to you.He asked me to type and send it. So..... here it goes.....
THE MIGHTY TRANSFORMER

As you march into battle
You will never forget.
The one's that love you,
The one's you just met.
We are all depending on you Ayden,
To fight a good fight.
Win, win, win! and show your mighty
MIGHT.
You are a transformer,
You change everyday.
13 battles, one on the way.
So play with your toys and remember
this rhyme,
Because the mighty transformer does
win everytime!

LOVE,
GRANDPA PETE

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

hey Buddy,

Grandpa Pete's poem is soooo true!!!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Aunt TT

Jones Family said...

Ayden Catanzaro you are my HERO.
Your extreme strength and Super powers confirm that you are the toughest guy I know and proud to call my cousin. You are a fighter and with all the faith OUR amazing family has in you I now know you can fight any storm. Keep up the good work you look great.. love, cousin darlene xoxox

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Ayden is the exact opposite of my pistol, Parker, who needed more and more and more sedation and paralytic drugs! I believe Ayden has a thing or two to teach Parker after this. Keep up the good work, I'm delighted to read all of these great updates. Parker wants Ayden to know that the nurses keep graham crackers behind the nurses station and cute little boys can help themselves!
Love, Suzanne

Ayden said...

That is so great... I hope to hear nothing but good new.
Dawn