Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Big Day Tomorrow!

He is going into the OR at 8:30 to see if the cartilage is becoming a new part of his airway & if all looks good they will put a smaller ET tube in & extubate at the bedside on Friday.....Today I think Ayden was a bit fed up with everything & I felt like his "spirit" wasn't here anymore,its kinda hard to explain.....just like he wasnt trying to be happy & just dealing with what hes been dealt.They went down to only 1 mg of fentanyl,because of how well hes doing & he shakes his head no,when asked if anything hurts.The ENT nurse did explain that he is doing exceptionally well being awake during this & my concerns about his "spirit" are not so worrysome because its normal for him to feel this way considering we've taken away all of his coping mechanisms,not being able to turn over to get comfortable,not being able to play with toys & every time he wakes up hes doing the same old boring thing & theres nothing he can do about it.Grandma & Papa came & we went back to the hotel for a bit & by the time we got back he was back to Ayden.Him & Papa had hand signals worked out & he was giving grandma the look(a look he does to make us laugh).So fingers crossed for tomorrow.......Till then,Love Angie

6 comments:

Baby Lily AnneMarie said...

I wanted to wait, but could not Ang!! HaHa

I am so glad Ayden perked up, its that crazy Papa and Gramma. I just know that Ayden is going to do great, he already has. Please give Ayden a big kiss & hug from me.

I love you guys!!!

Aunt TT

PeaceSkydiver said...

I hear you were watching the cat chase the mouse today! Get those spirits up! You should be so proud :-) I am keeping my fingers crossed for 8:30a :-) Much love as always....

teri said...

i pray everythings goes well tomorrow, keep ypur spirits up tell ayden aunt teri and uncle jim and nicky all said hi and we love him

you guys take care

diane and bob said...

Angie & Jay,
We're sending all of our prayers and thoughts your way today.We know Ayden's going to do great. He's such a strong guy.

Love,
Diane & Bob

oppie12036 said...

Good Morning! Hope all is going well I know it is. He is a trooper. Can't wait to get the update.

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,Jay,and Ayden,
Hang in there!You've come so far.Get some more rest that will help.Easier said than done ,I can just imagine all that you have on your full plate of everything.
Thinking ofyou guys today........Recalling about what you said the other day aboutthat baby that was going thru a tough time...Sometimes God puts us right where we need to be to realize..Damn it I'm going thru some nasty junk right now, but so is someone else. Makes you think outside that box forjust a bit and regroup yourself.
Take care guys!..................Cindy